Ideal for people who would like to make more of their garden, The DecorCafe Garden Design Workshop takes a new approach, inspiring and helping you to make more of your garden to suit your style.
This fun but hard working one day session is a great way to kick-start your garden design. You will build your skills and learn how to analyse, improve and style your garden. You will:
1. Analyse: We start with analysing your garden’s layout and looking at how you use your garden, applying basic design principles to the garden space to improve its function and form and understanding how to make more of your garden without spending a fortune.
2. Style: We will consider a variety of garden styles, looking at their key components and linking them to surrounding architecture and spaces, exploring different materials, colours and textures. From this you will put together a mood board with ideas for your own garden.
3. Create: We will show how you to use key design techniques when planting your garden and consider the finishing touches such as planters and furniture can make your garden a stylish and beautiful haven.
By the end of the day you will have:
- Built your skills and confidence to make more of your garden
- Been inspired to restyle your garden to suit your tastes
- Shared ideas with like-minded people and had a lot of creative fun!
Tutor: Sarah Speller. Based in Putney, Sarah is an experienced garden designer, working closely with her clients to create a garden they love. Sarah also sits on the board of the Chelsea Physic Garden.
Experience required: No experience required. Ideal for anyone who is interested in making more of their garden or taking a first step into garden design.
Group Size: We keep the group size small to ensure that there is plenty of time to discuss your individual garden design ideas and will leave with a clear plan to progress.
Garden Design Workshop £115 (members £95) to include lunch, refreshments, materials and a full set of notes.
Garden Design and Interior Design Workshop £205 when booked together (members £175) to include lunch etc as above
“Sarah helped me see how a small, nondescript garden could become unique and interesting by taking a look at it from a different angle. She took my initial thoughts and expanded upon them into a design that is a space for relaxing as well as having people over. With the design and the tips from the workshop, I was able to plan the build and select trees, shrubs and plans on my own. Sarah offered support along the way so that I could validate what I was thinking throughout. It has been really exciting to watch the garden grow and take shape around the planters, patio and furniture. Not only do I love it, it has added so much value to my home.” Daryn
“Sarah is very professional and generous in sharing her knowledge. I found her sensitive approach to directing my ideas extremely valuable. It was very helpful to leave with so many sources also. Thank you for another great workshop. I will definitely come to more”. Mary
Questions: Please do not hesitate to get in touch email@example.com