Thank you for visiting The Decorcafe website. This is the place to come to discover new ideas, inspiring stories, useful advice and original art and products from independent creative home businesses.
Founded on the four pillars of homes, gardens, lifestyle and home business you will find plenty to inspire and help you whether you are embarking on a home project or thinking of setting up your own independent home business.
Originally located in Putney, SW London our network has expanded as far south as Brighton and to our hub in Surrey. Growing by word of mouth, we are committed to retaining our real local community hubs, whilst reaching out to a wider audience online.
The Decorcafe Club
An inspiring and collaborative community, our members have exclusive access to exciting events hosted by creative home professionals. Getting you behind the scenes and connected with people you’d love to meet.
Business membership is open to people who have or are thinking about starting up an independent business within one of our four pillars. These members enjoy the ongoing inspiration and support that they would enjoy if they worked for a larger organisation from marketing and training to belonging to a community of like-minded people with opportunities to connect, learn and share ideas.
The 5 Benefits of Business Membership are:
- Connections. Members make valuable connections at our social networking events and through our digital platforms – from new suppliers, to business partners and potential clients.
- Continuous Development. We support our members with regular bite-size training, currently delivered online and when possible, in SW London, Surrey, Sussex and, soon, Kent.
- Collaboration. Nothing is quite as powerful as the word of mouth of a closely aligned network. Members have the opportunity to reach a wider home loving audience through inclusion in our experts pages, shop and online magazine.*
- Creativity. Our events (usually face to face & currently online) enable members to have time out to think about their business, bounce ideas and fuel creativity.
- Community. Belonging to a real, like-minded, inspiring and supportive community is a highly valued aspect of membership.
* Inclusion in our expert pages, shop and features, is dependent on experience and suitability.
To retain the creative quality and collaborative ethos of our community we have a short application process, including an initial interview and the opportunity to attend one of our inspiring and helpful events.
We value individual, original creativity are are not open to network marketing organisations.
We are an inclusive community, actively seeking out the diversity that sparks creativity.
Membership is £20 plus VAT per month (£24) paid by monthly subscription. There is no minimum length of membership. Likewise, The Decorcafe retains the right to terminate membership at any time.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact us.
The Decorcafe People
Debbie Blott founded The Decorcafe. She has spent most of her career marketing creative businesses from Dulux paint colours to branding and graphic design. She is passionate about supporting original, independent businesses.
Emma Mitchell, a qualified lawyer, has been a part of the organisation from the early days. She organises The Decorcafe online events and co-hosts the SW London and Surrey networks.
Fiona Mostyn is the founder of My Deco Marketing and host of The Decorcafe Sussex in Brighton and soon Kent.
Nicole Antar is an interior designer and product specialist, supporting The Decorcafe shop members.
Sally Bocquet is the founder of The Video Message Company and host of The Decorcafe Surrey, in Thames Ditton.
If you are interested in starting up a local hub please do not hesitate to get in touch.