Jane is the founder of Jane Plan, an easy, effective, and delicious weight loss programme delivered directly to your front door and tailored to your individual lifestyle.
m: 0203 489 4770.
Jane is the Founder of Jane Plan, nutritionist and published author, constantly on the hunt for delicious and nutritious recipes to make the most of our health and wellbeing. This simple recipe, from Jane’s recipe bank, is an easy way to create a wholesome meal, for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, peeled and diced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups ripe diced tomatoes, or 2 cans (14 oz. each) diced tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp mild chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
1. Heat a deep, large skillet or sauté pan on medium.
2. Slowly warm olive oil in the pan.
3. Add chopped onion, sauté for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften.
4. Add garlic and continue to sauté till mixture is fragrant.
5. Add tomatoes and tomato paste to pan, stir until blended.
6. Add spices and sugar, stir, and allow mixture to simmer over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until it starts to reduce.
7. Crack the eggs, one at a time, directly over the tomato mixture, making sure to space them evenly over the sauce. The eggs will cook “over easy” style on top of the tomato sauce.
8. Cover the pan. Allow mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked and the sauce has slightly reduced.
9. Keep an eye on the skillet to make sure that the sauce doesn’t reduce too much, which can lead to burning.
10. Garnish with the chopped parsley, if desired.
Contact Jane at janeplan.com